There are a large number of skin diseases in today`s society. You must have met people with pink skin. This disease is called rosacea.
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic dermatological disease, which is characterized by persistent redness of the central part of the face, the formation of bumps, pustules, and other elements of the rash, spider veins, and reticulum.
Types of Rosacea
Depending on the nature of skin symptoms, four main subtypes of rosacea are distinguished:
- Erythematous-telangiectatic - is characterized by transient erythema, turning into persistent, telangiectasia, and swelling.
- Papulo-pustular - is characterized, in addition to all of the above, by the formation of papules and pustules on the skin.
- Phymatous - features thickening of the skin with a characteristic bumpy surface and the appearance of pineal growths in different parts of the face.
- Ocular (ophthalmic rosacea) - can develop at any stage of the disease (sometimes even before the onset of skin symptoms). It features a variety of eye diseases (most often, it is blepharitis and conjunctivitis.
What is the Main Cause of Rosacea
Women aged 30-50 years are more prone to rosacea. Men get sick less often, but more severely. This disease is characteristic of people with white skin and combines a genetic predisposition and trigger factors.
Rosacea causes are not fully understood. The emergency of the disease may be due to vascular pathology, immunological disorders, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and changes in the endocrine system.
Triggers include severe stress, inflammatory diseases, or exposure to temperatures, including sudden changes from hot to cold and vice versa.
How to Manage Rosacea?
Rosacea skin care should consist of products aimed at minimizing the discomfort associated with irritation and inflammation of the skin, neutralizing redness, and strengthening blood vessels.
For cleansing, people should select special treatments that are suitable for skin with rosacea, since contact with hard tap water dries already irritated skin.
To tone the skin with rosacea, there are also special products that can reduce the flow of blood to tissues and strengthen blood vessels. A facial lotion is especially suitable for skin with inflammation, as it has not only soothing but also bactericidal properties.
The basic care with a cream depends on the type of rosacea. For the erythemato-telangiectatic type, the feature of which is hypersensitivity and excessive dryness of the skin, they recommend using products with a dense nourishing texture, supplemented with serum.
How to Get Rid of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic disease. It is impossible to cure it once and for all. But, a dermatologist or cosmetologist can eliminate the visible signs of the disease and prevent their reappearance. The treatment program includes:
- Proper home care. First of all, you will have to abandon any products that irritate the skin and disrupt the moisture balance in it. These are lotions containing alcohol, fruit, and other acids, and scrubs with abrasive particles in the composition. Sunscreen must be applied at any time of the year and in any weather. For daily care, the cosmetologist will select the best products for rosacea, the action of which is aimed at restoring the hydrobalance of the skin.
- Local treatment. A good therapeutic effect is given by the use of medicines based on azelaic acid and metronidazole. Topical rosacea treatment may also include the use of lotions and broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- Laser therapy. Under the influence of laser pulses, vascular tone, and blood circulation are normalized. In one procedure, you can restore a healthy color to your face, completely getting rid of redness.
How do we test Skincare Products for Rosacea?
Dermoi is a professional group of specialists that analyze dozens of products offered on the market to help customers pick appropriate skincare treatments. Our team consists of dermatologists, chemists, and cosmetologists, who are dedicated to their spheres of knowledge.
When picking the best rosacea treatment in the UK, our experts study the contents of all products thoroughly, conduct all the needed clinical tests, and find out the strengths and weaknesses of each option. If needed, we contact skin care product producers to get the required information and clarify questions.
Below, we offer our lists of skincare products for rosacea. They are guaranteed to be effective and high-quality.
Best Creams for Rosacea
Creams should nourish the skin sufficiently and create a protective barrier to prevent clogging of the pores and the growth of bacteria. Here are the best creams for rosacea:
- Codex labs Antu Brightening night cream is the best moisturizer for rosacea in the UK. The product contains a capillary-strengthening complex of active ingredients and reduces the number of spider veins with regular use.
- Oskia rest day comfort cream is the best cream for rosacea in the UK. It provides intensive moisturizing and soothing care simultaneously, improving blood microcirculation, which has a beneficial effect on the condition of blood vessels and prevents their further damage.
- Calecim multiaction cream is one of the best creams for rosacea. It blocks inflammatory reactions, restores the protective skin barrier, and strengthens blood vessels, making them more resistant to external impacts.
- Calecim restorative hydration cream contains a complex of firming components and antioxidants that increase the protective functions of the skin. The treatment improves the condition of blood vessels and nourishes cells deeply.
- Evenswiss rich regenerating cream is a powerful tool for sensitive cells. This rosacea cream relieves dryness and flaking due to the nutritional components in the composition and protects blood vessels from damage.
Best Cleanser for Rosacea
Cleansers stand as the initial skincare tool. Its purpose is to remove dirt from the skin surface without dehydrating cells. The best face wash for rosacea includes:
- Osmosis lift away cleansing balm is the best cleanser for rosacea. It removes all impurities effectively without causing skin strapping. Its formula melts well and does not irritate cells.
- Codex labs antu cleanser cleanses gently without damaging the skin barrier or dehydrating the dermis. The treatment reduces inflammation, itching, and dry feeling of rosacea-prone skin.
- Codex labs bia wash off cleansing oil is a super treatment that consists of blackcurrant, chia seed, oat lipid, and other active components that rejuvenate, hydrate, and soothe cells.
- Oskia perfect cleanser is a nutrient-rich treatment that stands as the best face wash for rosacea in the UK. The product is powered with botanical extracts that prolong a nourishing effect and maintains the normal condition of the skin surface.
- Pca skin creamy cleanser is a high-active product for skin cleansing and hydration. It removes impurities effectively. The product normalizes the hydrolipid level and creates a protective barrier.
- Indeed labs watermelon melting balm dissolves dirt, hydrates cells deeply, and prepares skin for further treatment. The watermelon extract calms the irritated skin and prevents cells from moisture loss causing a nourishing effect.
Sunscreen for Rosacea
Since ultraviolet light is considered a trigger, daily use of sunscreen is necessary even during the season of an inactive sun. It is advisable to choose the level of protection of at least SPF 30 and give preference to physical filters over chemical ones, as they cause a less negative reaction in sensitive skin.
- Heliocare 360 AK fluid is the best sunscreen for rosacea in the UK. It is a broad-spectrum product that protects the dermis from negative sunlight impact and treats non-melanoma skin cancer and actinic keratosis.
- Heliocare 360 fuild cream spf 50 is an effective sunscreen for rosacea skin. It forms a weightless imperceptible protective film that does not allow free radicals and radiation to reach the dermis.
- Dermaceutic K ceutic SPF 50 is a powerful treatment for radiation protection. A blend of active components (Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and natural extracts) creates a protective layer that eliminates the negative impact of the sun rays, UVB, UVA, and other types of radiation.
Products for Rosacea: Where to Find Them?
Are you in search of premium-quality products for rosacea skin? Shop skin care products for rosacea in UK online to simplify and speed up the choice. Dermoi is the right place to buy quality certified cosmetic products for any skin type. There, you`ll find the best budget face serum in the UK, skincare products for problem cells, and many other helpful treatments. Other advantages include:
- affordable prices for premium-quality cosmetic products;
- fast free delivery around the country;
- coupons, discounts, and other perks for loyal customers;
- assistance of experienced managers who can consult and help pick the most suitable products for consumers` demands.
Rosacea is a nasty disease that affects the skin. Although it is impossible to cure it forever, it is possible to eliminate its signs and prevent the further development of the illness. With proper daily skincare and the use of appropriate products, it is possible to reduce redness, irritation, and other rosacea symptoms. Modern producers manufacture multiple products that help fight this problem and help cure the dermis. Consult dermatologists to pick a suitable skincare strategy.