Such a problem as an uneven skin tone bothers many people. In some cases, pigmentation does not cause any problem with self-esteem, while in others, pigmented skin can become the reason for feeling ugly or unconfident and being ashamed of your appearance. Thus, this issue requires particular consideration and, in some cases, the need to visit a dermatologist or cosmetologist.
Anyway, any type of skin (especially pigmented) requires particular daily treatment. The use of targeted uneven skin tone products will help reduce the pigmented area and prevent the appearance of new spots.
What is Uneven Skin Tone?
First of all, let`s consider what is skin pigmentation . Pigmentation is spots on the skin surface that have appeared due to a high level of melanin in cells. This aesthetic defect is either genetically determined or age-related. The appearance of pigmentation is often seasonal, intensifying in a warm sunny season.
Types of Skin Pigmentation Disorders
Melanin is the pigment that determines the color of human skin. Its overproduction causes melasma, while the lack of pigment in the skin leads to albinism.
Several types of skin pigmentation are highlighted. Depending on the type of spots and the reason for their appearance, they distinguish between the following pigmentation disorders:
- Albinism is a group of hereditary genetic diseases that disrupt the production of melanin (the main pigment of the skin, hair, and eyes). People with albinism may have low or no melanin. The symptoms of albinism vary, depending on the amount of melanin. The main features of this disorder include abnormally white skin and white pigmentation on the skin, very blond hair, and light eyes.
People with albinism usually have a number of eye conditions, such as sensitivity to light, nearsightedness, and involuntary eye movements known as nystagmus.
- Melasma is a type of hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. It appears on the face, especially on the cheeks, bridge of the nose, forehead, upper lip, and sometimes on other areas of the body that are exposed to the sun, such as the forearms. Melasma is more common in women, although men can also suffer from it sometimes. Unlike the previous disorder, this one causes dark skin pigmentation.
- Freckles are multiple limited darkening of the skin, appearing under the influence of sunlight, mainly on exposed areas of the skin: face, neck, and hands. Their difference from other black pigmentation on the skin is clear boundaries, small size, and a direct relationship with exposure to sunlight. The skin covered with freckles does not differ in characteristics from the surrounding areas.
- Vitiligo is a chronic dermatological disease, according to which the body is covered with colorless spots or white pigment on the skin. It affects about 2% of people on Earth. The pathology is non-contagious and has the character of a chronic disease that occurs for internal reasons. The disease can progress, that is, go through several stages of development, so more spots can appear on the skin surface over time.
The appearance of people with pigmentation attracts the attention of surrounding people and often becomes a cause of psychological discomfort.
How We Tested the Best Pigmentation Products
When trying to find the most effective and working products for skincare for uneven skin tone, our experts analyzed dozens of skincare goods. Employees always perform the following tasks:
- study contents, find out active ingredients;
- check for safety and effectiveness;
- contact manufacturers to clarify details about their goods;
- make independent clinical tests and research to prove effectiveness.
Our team consists of dermatologists, chemists, cosmetologists, and doctors with many-year experience. They are skilled and competent in the issues of skincare and know all subtleties of skin pigmentation treatment with innovative methods.
Uneven Skin Tone Treatment by Dermatologist
Dermatologists treat each case individually and provide a suitable strategy only after a thorough skin surface examination. Usually, treatment for skin pigmentation is a complex approach of making masks, taking pills, and applying certain programs for skin improvement and boosting intracellular processes. Other solutions are offered:
- facial peeling;
- mesotherapy and biorevitalization;
- phototherapy of the face from age spots (IPL-therapy);
- PRP Therapy or Autologous Cellular Rejuvenation;
- cosmetic programs for the prevention and correction of age spots;
- laser removal.
A suitable strategy for uneven skin tone treatment is appointed after examining the results of tests and identifying pigmentation causes.
Best Products for Uneven Skin Tone
The modern cosmetic industry offers a great variety of products. Goods differ in composition, spectrum of action, etc. Our experts pointed out the best products for uneven skin tone:
Best Cream for Uneven Skin Tone on the Face
- PCA Skin Intensive Brightening Treatment 05 Pure Retinol is the best cream for uneven skin tone on the face. Its innovative formula contains Niacinamide, Vitamin A, Resveratrol, and other active components that penetrate deeply into cells and stimulate their smooth functioning. It is a night cream that brightens up the face complexion and reduces discoloration.
- Endocare C Ferulic Edafence Serum is a powerful treatment for all skin types. Its formula is rich in Ferulic acid, Vitamin C, and antioxidants, which help protect cells from negative external impacts, including sunlight, debris, tobacco, smoke, etc. It tones cells, making the face surface even, firm, and smooth.
- Calecim Professional Pigment Solution is a super-effective product that tackles all pigmentation-related problems. The treatment is working even in the toughest cases when discoloration is very high. It reduces visible signs of melasma and hyperpigmentation, preventing new dyspigmentation and evening skin tone.
- Evenswiss Eventone Serum is targeted at pigmented skin. Its formula is packed with vitamins and extracts that are effective in tackling pigmentation. Its rich content helps eliminate dark pigment spots and pimple marks. The treatment causes skin lightening and evening. The face surface becomes firm and fine.
- EvenSwiss Brightening Intense Treatment is created to help people with pigmented or discolored skin eliminate skin defects and enjoy their appearance. The product acts deeply, reducing acne signs, pigmentation, and dark spots. Active ingredients cause a brightening effect and even skin tone.
- Dermaceutic Radiance Brightening Cream is designed to restore the skin`s radiance and smoothen an uneven face complexion. The blend of Niacinamide, Kojic, Mandelic, and Salicylic acids, and Alpha Arbutin reduces pigment spots, inhibits melanin production, and stimulates skin renewal. The product brings luminosity to the face.
- Dermaceutic Yellow Cream is an innovative product that eliminates pigmentation and reduces the number of dark spots. It has a rich blend of acids, natural extracts, and vitamins that penetrate cells and normalize their functioning to even the facial tone and smooth the surface.
- PCA Skin Pigment Bar is a deep-action cleanser for daily use. Its regular application allows for reducing the number of pigmented spots and their visibility. The formula is charged with Niacinamide and acids, which makes the product effective for discoloration. As a result, the skin is even, smooth, and calm.
- Endocare C Pure Concentrate is an effective treatment charged with a high concentration of vitamin C. It targets weakened skin and helps restore the optimal protective balance in cells to prevent their damage and failure in functioning. The product is good for reducing the singed of skin unevening.
- Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright cream-serum is a powerful product for diminishing pigment spots. 7 active peptides are included in the blend, which allows for blocking melanin synthesis. The treatment is non-toxic. The result is visible in 2 weeks. The skin surface becomes clearer and brighter, as well as protected from photo-aging.
- MZ Skin Glow Boost Ampoules are a pack of single-dose ampules for a 5-day application, after which you`ll see a visible result. A blend of natural oils causes a deep effect, brightening the skin and evening its tone. You`ll bring back skin luminosity and reduce pigmentation signs in just one week.
What Does Uneven Skin Tone Look Like?
When the skin tone is uneven, black or white pigment spots appear on the skin. The skin has different colors, which are visible to the naked eye.
What Causes Skin Pigmentation?
Now, let`s list what causes uneven skin tone. Depending on the type of pigmentation and the course of the disease, the following causes are distinguished:
- hereditary predisposition;
- excessive ultraviolet exposure;
- hormonal disorders;
- skin diseases;
- lack of vitamins;
- post-acne effects;
- neuropsychiatric disorders;
- gynecological pathologies;
- mechanical damage to the skin.
- natural aging.
Is Uneven Skin Tone Permanent?
The answer is not unambiguous since it all depends on the type and cause of pigmentation on the skin. Some types of pigmentation, such as freckles, disappear without sun exposure, while some types are permanent for an entire life.
How to Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation?
The first question that interests all people with a discolored skin surface is how to get rid of uneven skin tone. So, let`s list the most effective ways to eliminate pigmented spots and get rid of them.
- Moisturize the skin surface regularly to boost cell turnover.
- Do not touch the face; keep your hands off blackheads and other skin damage.
- Discover OTC whitening solutions.
- Explore an Rx for skin discoloration.
- Use sunscreen to protect cells from ultraviolet radiation.
- Visit a dermatologist to consult about skin problems and develop an effective curing strategy.
Note that a daily skincare routine comes as an obligatory step for any cause of skin discoloration. Pigmentation skin care includes all the classic stages, namely, cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and sunscreening.
Many people suffer from uneven skin tone on the face. The problem is acute for thousands of people around the world. Thus, the cosmetic industry conducts continuous research and tests to develop effective powerful tools to help skin cope with the problem. A wide palette of uneven skin tone products is offered on the modern market. Treatments are guaranteed to be effective and safe.
Yet, remember that each case is treated individually. And any change in skin condition is a worthy argument to visit a dermatologist and make examinations. Proper pigmentation treatment includes a complex approach, where daily skincare routine takes a significant place.