Acne is a pathology that affects sebaceous glands and hair follicles. The main symptom of the disease is a rash that appears due to blockage of the glands. Acne may be accompanied by an inflammatory process or progress without it. 80% of adolescents and young people suffer from this problem.
Acne in its severe form can cause a decrease in self-esteem and quality of life in general, leading to depression and anxiety disorders. Thus, acne treatment should be started as early as possible to avoid the progression of the pathology and the formation of scars on the skin.
In this case, a thorough daily skin care routine for acne is of great importance. People should consult cosmetologists or dermatologists, who help select appropriate skin care products for daily care.
Active Ingredients in Acne Products
Although the contents of cosmetic products differ, depending on the manufacturer, basic ingredients are usually the same. Anyway, producers use the same (medically recommended) basis and add various flavors to mixtures.
The basic components are chemical substances that act favorably on acne skin, prevent blockage of the sebaceous glands, reduce the level of sebum production, and normalize a radiant shine of the skin surface. The best skin care products for acne usually contain the following active ingredients:
- Benzoyl peroxide. The substance features a strong antibacterial effect. It eliminates the number of acne bacteria on the skin surface and exfoliates the upper layer of the epidermis, preventing the accumulation of sebum and dirt in the pores. With prolonged use, cosmetics with benzoyl peroxide can greatly reduce the number of rashes and prevent the appearance of new ones, and at the same time smoothen skin tone and relief.
- Adapalene. It is a retinoid that is highly effective in unclogging pores and preventing new breakouts. It is widely used in the treatment of acne, as well as for the treatment of pilaris keratosis and other skin diseases.
- Salicylic acid. The ingredient is popular in the cosmetic industry due to its wide spectrum of action. The best products for acne in the UK have the acid. The component exfoliates effectively, tightens pores, kills bacteria, and gives radiance to the skin.
- Azelaic acid. The ingredient gives an antibacterial effect and prevents pore clogging. The component is effective in fighting dark spots.
- Alpha hydroxyl acids. These are synthetically produced ingredients. They are identical to sugar-containing fruit acids. Lactic and glycolic acids are the most popular types. Their application results in calming inflammation, effectively exfoliating dead skin cells, and stimulating the growth of new cells. As a result, the component helps renew the skin surface and smoothen acne scars.
Active ingredients act differently. For instance, some components are aimed at killing acne bacteria, while others speed up the cell renovation process or remove excess oil from the skin surface. Depending on the combination of these ingredients, care products for different purposes are produced.
Skin Care Tips When Using Acne Products
Note that it is enough to use care products to prevent acne. Effective skin care for acne-prone skin comprises multiple steps, where cosmetic product application is just one of the techniques. Here are tips for reducing skin painfulness and acne breakouts:
- Skin washing is required twice per day. Since this type of skin is prone to quick oiliness and pore clogging with sebum, it is necessary to wash cells frequently by applying special care products.
- Add towelettes and cleaning cloths to your daily routine. If you do not have a chance to wash throughout the day, use cloths to remove excess fat from the skin surface, which prevents bacterial growth.
- Do not use too much substance. Apply a thin layer of moisturizers or cleansing foams. Too much is also not good since cells won`t absorb the substance, which will become a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Give preference to non-oily water-based products for facial skin care for acne-prone skin. They are easily absorbed without clogging pores, affecting peeling and nourishing.
- Avoid squeezing or picking blemishes. Otherwise, pores can get infected and worsen the skin condition. Besides, scars can appear.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty palms. Generally, do not touch your face without necessity.
- Shower or rinse after strenuous activities. Sweat and oil clog pores and lead to breakouts.
- Protect cells from the sun. Sunlight affects dark sports, so you should apply sunscreen to keep your skin protected.
How we Tested Products for Acne
Our team consists of educated highly skilled specialists from different spheres of microbiology and cosmetology. Our experts are dermatologists, cosmetologists, and chemists with many-year-experiences in the industry.
When analyzing samples and picking the most suitable products for the best skin care routine for acne, we consider their contents, contact manufacturers for more information, make tests, and compare results. Thus, we guarantee the highest level of offered products and their effectiveness for problem skin.
Dermatologist Recommended Skin Care Routine for Acne
The modern market offers hundreds of products. Their contents differ. Below, we offer our list of top products for a careful daily routine for acne skin.
Best Products for Back Acne
Excessive sebum formation of the skin, which is especially pronounced on the back and shoulders, comes as the main cause of acne on the body. Here are the best products for back acne in the UK, which help fight the problem effectively:
- Vida glow clear is an excellent product for eliminating signs of acne. Its composition is based on two ingredients - Acusolve and a vegan mixture of linseed oil and micro algae oil. The formula stabilizes the skin surface, cleansing pores and reducing irritation.
- Osmosis skin defense is a powerful detoxing product that cleanses cells and restores a blemish-free complexion. Its innovative formula removes radicals, toxins, and other pollutants.
- Osmosis purify cleanser is an effective product for the first step of daily routine. The cleanser is designed to remove all sorts of dirt (makeup, debris, dust, etc.) from the skin surface, clean pores, and prepare skin for further care. It contains pineapple enzymes.
- PCa skin blemish control bar is a well-working product for problem acne-prone skin. It contains salicylic acid and plant oils that penetrate deeply into the skin, cleanses cells, and prevents new breakouts.
- Totally Derma is the last option among the best products for back acne on our list. It is a nutraceutical collagen supplement for nourishing skin from the inside and normalizing body processes to achieve less greasiness.
Best Products for Hormonal Acne
Sometimes, acne appears as a result of hormonal failure and the body`s reaction to internal changes. If you are experiencing hormonal acne, try the following best skin care products for hormonal acne:
- Biretix Anti-blemish gel is an effective serum-like product for daily use. The result is visible in 4-8 weeks if applied regularly. Its formula purifies cells and stimulates pore cleansing by removing extra sebum.
- PCa Skin Clarity 0.5% night retinol is an excellent product that helps fight acne breakouts, cleanses cells, and stabilizes sebum production. Its formula is based on retinol components; the blend is applied before night.
- Osmosis clarify is a well-working tool that copes with blackheads, blemishes, and skin redness quickly and effectively, causing an anti-inflammatory effect.
- PCa Skin acne gel is the last of the best products for hormonal acne on our list. 2% salicylic acid is the main active ingredient of this gel. Other components include hexylresorcinol and mandelic acids, which reduce excess oil production and normalize skin tone.
Best Skin Care Products for Oily Acne-Prone Skin
The main task of care products for oily skin is to remove excess greasiness and shine and prevent pores from clogging. The following items stand as the best skin care products for oily acne-prone skin:
- PCA Skin Clear Skin is the best product for a dermatologist-recommended skin care routine for oily acne-prone skin. It is a lightweight moisturizer for sensitive and problem skin. The product calms, purifies, and soothes cells.
- Osmosis Detox cleanser is an effective cleanser of deep action. Active ingredients remove dirt from surface, cleanse cells, and prepare skin for further treatment.
- PCa Skin facial wash oily skin features a potent blend of botanical extracts and mild AHA for careful cleaning of environmental impurities.
- Evenswiss Skin defense serum - balancing complex reduced itching, irritation, and pore clogging. The product is effective in fighting new breakouts without disturbing the natural barrier.
- Dermaceutic foamer 5 is a highly effective cleansing product that removes dirt due to 5% glycolic acid and makes the complexion radiant.
Best Products for Menopausal Acne
Menopause is characterized by hormonal changes. The skin reacts to these changes with rashes. In this case, the best products for menopausal acne are:
- Osmosis Skin Defense is a good product that helps stabilize the work of sebaceous glands and remove toxins, making skin radiant and smooth.
- Biretix Anti-blemish gel helps cleanse pores and prevent dark spots appearance. The gel is used daily, and a visible effect is achieved in 4-8 weeks.
- PCa Skin Clarity 0.5% night retinol fights skin greasiness and normalizes sebum production during the night.
Skin Care Routine for Acne-Prone Sensitive Skin
If your skin is sensitive and prone to acne, you should approach the choice of suitable care products responsively. Pay attention to the following products:
- Osmosis Purify cleanser purifies cells, exfoliates dead skin gently, and improves skin radiance. The product comes as the first step of the daily care routine.
- Osmosis clarify serum moisturizes effectively and improves nutrient supply to cells, which helps eliminate large pores and shrinks active blemishes.
- Biretix mask is a clay mask designed especially for acne-prone. It results in reduced skin shine and prevents excess greasiness.
- Vida glow clear is an encapsulated product for nourishing cells from the inside. Its active formula is targeted at blackheads, inflammation, oiliness, and other signs of acne.
Acne is a common problem for 80% of people. The modern cosmetology industry offers a wide range of solutions for eliminating breakouts and helping cells cope with sebum. Visit an online shop skin care products for acne products to find effective solutions for your case and improve your skin condition.