Our skin needs daily hydration. A nourishing cream contains components that saturate cells with essential nutrients, nourish the skin, as well as create and maintain optimal conditions for cell life on the skin surface. By applying a moisturizer, a protective barrier is created, which allows for keeping the face safe and sound throughout the day. Thus, a moisturizing cream is an obligatory care product in the cosmetic kit of every person.
Moisturizing cream is designed to quickly solve the problem of dehydration and dry skin. Consisting of water, a small amount of oils, silicones, alcohol components, preservatives, and fragrances, this product quickly penetrates into the upper layers of the epidermis, creating a feeling of softness and moisture. Applying moisturizer is the third step in your daily skincare routine after cleansing the face with a foam and toning it with a toner.
How to choose the best moisturizer for you?
Each skin type has its peculiarities. For example, oily cells need assistance in normalizing sebum production, while dry skin requires extra hydration. Thus, it is important to know how to choose the best moisturizing face cream for your skin type. Follow the next rules:
- Consider your skin type. Remember that if the cream is chosen incorrectly, it will not have a favorable effect, but will only aggravate the problem.
- Taking into account age-related needs: for young people - tonic and supportive products, for teenagers - reducing the effects of hormonal changes, for people over 30 years old – caring and nourishing the skin with the necessary components.
- Give preference to products that do not contain formaldehyde and its derivatives, alcohol, parabens more than 0.3%, mineral oil, and other petroleum products. On the contrary, the best moisturizing cream for dry skin contains more natural ingredients.
- The cream is selected in accordance with the season, depending on which different care is needed. For example, more fatty moisturizers are selected for winter, while light substances are preferable for hot summer.
- Consider specific individual problems (wrinkles, acne, etc.) and the daily needs of the skin.
What`s the difference between a day and night cream?
The main difference between day and night creams lies in their structure and ingredients. A day moisturizer is a lighter cream containing SPF (Sun Protection Factor) and brightening agents such as Vitamin C, while a night moisturizer has a thicker consistency that contains active ingredients such as retinol and glycolic acid.
Day creams are easily absorbed by the skin, while night moisturizers take longer time to absorb due to their thick consistency.
How we tested moisturizers?
Dermoi is a certified place where all products are tested and clinically approved. Specialists in the sphere of cosmetology and dermatology test probes and compare contents to identify the best face moisturizer for dry skin for UK citizens. Experts are skilled in skin care and offer only tested and certified products.
Best moisturizers for face
Under the influence of the environment, the skin loses nutrients and moisture, getting a grayish tint. Pores enlarge, dirt gets inside, and black dots appear. Over time, elasticity is lost, and wrinkles form. The face, as a less protected part of the body, is more intensely exposed to such influences. The application of the best moisturizers for the face allows for slowing down these processes and preventing the skin from premature aging.
Best moisturizer for sensitive skin
Sensitive skin needs an optimal balance of moisture and protection from aggressive environmental factors. Use a cream that nourishes, restores, regulates sebum production, does not clog pores, and soothes the face surface.
- Codex labs bia hydrating skin superfood is the best face moisturizer for very sensitive skin in the UK. The patented BiaComplex formula nourishes skin throughout the day and maintains the optimal moisture balance.
- Codex labs antu brightening night cream is the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. The M3 formula (maqui, matico, murtilla) creates a protective film preventing pollutants from clogging pores and nourishing the face surface effectively.
- Osmosis beauty hydrate is a working face moisturizer for sensitive skin. The cream hydrates and plumps the skin, creating the needed balance and treating different facial zones.
Best moisturizer for oily skin
Oily skin requires even more hydration than normal skin because a sufficient amount of moisture ensures the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands. Accordingly, the less moisture, the higher the fat content. Note that the consistency of the best moisturizers for oily skin should be as light as possible, not leaving a film, and the composition should be nutritious but not comedogenic.
- PCA Skin clearskin is the best moisturizer for oily skin. The product soothes, calms, and clarifies cells. Extracts of lemongrass, cucumber, biabolol create a perfect blend that reduced the level of sebum production.
- Endocare gel cream is a highly effective product with an innovative formula for moisturizing and protection. Its gel consistency perfectly covers the face surface and is absorbed by cells without forming a film.
- Codex labs antu brightening moisturizer is an excellent oily skin moisturizer that refines pores and maintains the required moisture balance during the day. The M3 formula, hyaluronic acid, and other components brighten the skin tone, reduce inflammation, and stimulate collagen production.
- Indeed labs hydraluron moisture jelly is a lightweight, easily absorbing care product for problem skin. The product normalizes water loss, hydrating cells and protecting them from environmental pollutants.
Best face moisturizer for acne skin
Acne patients have oily skin types. Because the skin already produces a large amount of sebum, it may seem that a moisturizer is completely unnecessary in daily care. However, this is a profound misunderstanding. All skin types need moisturizers, especially acne-prone skin. One of the following products can be the best moisturizer for acne-prone skin for UK citizens:
- PCA skin clearskin is the best face moisturizer for acne skin. Plant extracts purify and calm cells, nourishing and hydrating them throughout the day. Components reduce irritation and redness.
- PCA skin rebalance is the best face moisturizer for acne-prone skin UK. The cream creates a protective layer that maintains the optimal moisture level. Natural extracts prevent the appearance of new inflammations.
Best face moisturizer for combination skin
Combination skin requires delicate care because it seems problematic only in some areas. Thus, the cream should moisturize, nourish, and remove excess sebum where it is. It is best to use products with soothing components of plant origin, such as extracts of aloe, cucumber, chamomile, or calendula.
- Calecim mutli action cream is the best face moisturizer for combination skin. Its innovative formula causes a revitalizing effect, tightening and lifting the skin. Active components prevent water loss and protect pores from pollution.
- PCA skin collagen hydrator is the best moisturizer for combination skin in the UK. Its rich texture hydrates skin and prevents pore clogging. Natural ingredients stimulate cell nourishment.
- Codex labs antu brightening moisturizer is a day cream that takes care of all facial zones by creating a thin film that normalizes the lipid level and feeds cells during the day.
Best moisturizers for mature skin
The best moisturizers for mature skin help slow down skin aging and, thanks to their special composition, restore "worn out" and damaged cells, leveling and neutralizing signs of age-related changes on the face.
- Evenswiss rich regenerating cream is the best moisturizer for mature skin in the UK. Its content comprises extracts of camelia oleifera seed oil, argan oil, and soy isoflavones. Components are effective in preventing skin wrinkling and tightening the face complexion.
- Calecim restoration hydrating cream is the best anti-age moisturizer for the face to avoid skin thirst. The cream revitalizes, hydrates, and revives cells, lifting the face surface.
- Emepelle night cream is a nourished product to ensure skin recovery during the night. The innovative MEP technology stimulates collagen production and lifts the skin.
- Endocare tensage cream is a highly effective non-oily moisturizer for mature skin. It has a light consistency, is absorbed easily, and tightens the skin. The product protects cells from free radicals that cause premature aging.
Best moisturizer for menopausal skin
Decreasing levels of sex hormones over the years and menopause are natural processes. It leads to the degradation of collagen, hyaluronic acid, lipids, and other important structures, which leads to early skin aging and thinning of subcutaneous fat.
- Evenswiss rich regenerating cream is the best moisturizer for menopausal skin. Highly effective skin treatment is achieved due to natural plant and flower extracts. The combination of active ingredients prevents the appearance of skin aging signs and fine lines.
- Calecim restoration hydrating cream is the best face moisturizer for menopausal skin in the UK. It is a multi-functional product that nourishes skin, creates a protective layer, and lifts the face surface. All these effects help cope with menopausal aging signs.
- Emepelle night cream is an innovative moisturizer that uses MEP technology. It is able to restore estrogen-deficient skin non-hormonally and rejuvenate the face skin. The product guarantees sufficient skin hydration and nourishment.
Everyone needs moisturizing and nutrition, regardless of age, season, and skin type, so a moisturizing cream for dry skin must be in your cosmetic kit. It is selected, depending on the type of skin. Fortunately, modern manufacturers offer a wide range of products on the market, so everyone can find the right care solution.