A young-looking complexion, healthy condition, and proper functioning of the skin are possible when cells get the required chemical components in a sufficient amount. Multiple ingredients participate in cell formation. The lack of one or another element results in worsening skin condition, premature aging, and other problems.
Collagen comes as one of the vital elements of healthy skin. Below, we’re going to find out the benefit of collagen for cells, outline its effect, and list the top collagen face creams.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is the main structural protein in our body. It makes up 75% of all our bones, skin, muscles, ligaments, tendons, gums, and eyes. Thanks to its fibrous structure, collagen gives elasticity, strength, and resilience to tissues. The element is vital for
Benefits of Collagen for Skin
Collagen helps prevent premature skin aging. With age, the body’s ability to synthesize collagen gradually decreases, as does its quality. In addition to the natural aging process, ultraviolet radiation, pollution, and smoking accelerate the process of collagen synthesis. It also helps fight and reduce pigmentation.
Due to all these factors, the natural production of collagen slows down, which leads to the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. To prolong the youthfulness of the skin, it is necessary to use skincare products that have collagen in their compositions. To summarize, collagen is beneficial for skin cells due to the next pros:
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Makes the face surface firm.
- Reduced pigmentation.
- Prevents fine lines.
- Eliminates the number and depth of wrinkles.
- Improves the skin's protective barrier.
Which Collagen is Best for Face Skin?
There are two types of collagen, namely, animal and marine. They differ in the way they are obtained and processed and have different effects on the human body.
- Marine collagen is considered the most effective. It is obtained from different parts of fish, due to which it is the most expensive. Marine collagen is metabolically compatible with the human body and readily available. It is a versatile compound that can help heal skin lesions of varying severity as well as slow down the natural aging process.
- Animal collagen is obtained from the skins, cartilage, and bones of cattle, chickens, and pigs. It is inexpensive since the raw materials for its production are always available. As a rule, animal collagen is used in the production of cosmetics as part of moisturizers.
Both types are favorable and beneficial. Yet, marine collagen is more common in the skincare industry.
Do collagen face creams really work?
Yes, a face cream with collagen serves as a highly effective tool that helps prevent aging signs, prolong skin youthfulness, and cope with skin imperfections. Collagen creams cause a visible effect and improve skin conditions.
What to Look for in a Collagen Cream?
Note that although collagen comes as one of the main components, moisturizers also have other ingredients. The most beneficial ones include:
- natural extracts;
Compositions of creams differ, depending on the skin type and the purpose of application. Yet, note that collagen is well absorbed in the body together with Vitamin C. Thus, the vitamin should be found in the composition.
TOP Collagen Creams
Now, let’s list the most popular and effective products for daily skincare:
- Calecim Multi-Action Cream is the best collagen cream for the face. The product causes a deep action due to well-penetrated ingredients. Hyaluronic acid, Tocopherol, and Albumin complement the blend to achieve a powerful effect. As a result of regular application, skin discoloration is eliminated, wrinkles smooth and become less visible. Moreover, the product targets skin sagging and laxity. The face surface becomes smooth, firm, and radiant. A visible effect is achieved in just 2 weeks of regular application.
- Calecim Professional Pigmentation Solution is the best collagen face cream in the UK. The product features the use of an innovative formula that targets and reduces pigmentation. The product is effective in treating even severe discoloration problems. Niacinamide, Alpha-Arbutin, and Salt Vitamin C are added to marine collagen to create a powerful blend. The composition damages free radicals and eliminates the negative impact of UV radiation, improves the skin’s tone, and keeps the face complexion radiant, even, and smooth.
- Calecim Recovery Night Complex is the best collagen cream for overnight treatment. The product penetrates the deeper layers of the skin and repairs damaged cells. Its supercharged formula boosts revitalizing processes in cells and stimulates skin renovation. Peptides, Allantoin, Niacinamide, and Hyaluronic acid act effectively, nourishing cells, soothing inflammation, and maintaining an optimal hydro-lipid layer. The product creates a reliable barrier and protects the skin from external influences and pollution during the night.
- Vida Glow Age Defiance Hydra Memory Cream is a powerful collagen cream for the face. The product has a super-effective composition that rejuvenates, moisturizes, and softens the skin. Its content includes 4 Forms of Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B3, and Shea butter. The positive effect of cream application is a 24/7 sufficient hydration of cells and the maintenance of the required liquid level. Furthermore, the skin tone becomes firmer, complexion is radiant, and fine lines are smoothened.
- Calecim Professional Restorative Hydration Cream is a super-effective collagen cream in the UK. Its active formula tackles multiple skin-related problems including dehydration, premature aging, and loss of firmness. The product is rich in Oleic Acid & Linoleic Acid, Tocopherol, and Hyaluronic acid. By causing deep hydration, the product revives stressed and tired skin. Additionally, it boosts the skin’s capability to resist a negative environmental influence and create a protective layer.
- Vida Glow Age Defiance Eye Contour Cream is an effective treatment for sensitive skin around the eyes. This collagen face cream has a rich composition of Lumiséa, Oligopeptide-2, and Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. This blend acts deeply, causing a smoothing and firming effect. The product renews and revitalizes the eye skin effectively. It fights dark circles and fine lines and creates a reliable protective barrier of sensitive skin around the eyes. The treatment provides sufficient nourishment and hydration to cells.
Collagen is one of the obligatory ingredients for skincare products. It causes a favorable effect on all skin types, but it is especially vital for mature and aging cells. If you’re searching for a high-quality collagen face cream on the UK market, you’ll find a rich palette of options. Remember to consider the composition, skin type, and spectrum of action, when selecting appropriate products.
Which collagen makes you look younger?
Any collagen is beneficial for preserving skin youthfulness. Regardless of its type, any collagen improves skin elasticity, meaning that wrinkling is eliminated. Thus, there is no significant difference between collagen types. Any product will cause a beneficial effect and eliminate aging signs so you look younger and preserve a fresh healthy face complexion.
Does collagen cream get rid of wrinkles?
Yes, collage creams are mainly targeted at reducing and preventing the number and severity of wrinkles. By improving skin elasticity, it becomes firm and smooth, while fine lines and wrinkles disappear.
Is collagen cream better than retinol cream?
Both ingredients are aimed at tackling aging skin problems. Some people state that retinol creams are more powerful and effective than collagen ones. Yet, it all depends on what effect you want to achieve. The thing is that retinol acts quicker and penetrates into deeper layers of the skin. Meanwhile, collagen has an accumulating effect. Both options are extremely effective and beneficial for the skin.
What are the symptoms of the lack of collagen?
The most obvious symptoms of collagen deficiency include slow hair and nail growth, and their fragility. Moreover, the skin conditions worsen; skin withering and wrinkles are observed. The elasticity of the epidermis decreases.