It is generally accepted that men are not particularly interested in skin care. Although women usually take more care of their appearance and health, still, any skin requires care and cleansing. Thus, men should also use face cleansers to prevent serious skin problems in the future.
Below, we’re going to consider face wash for men and go deep into the issue. We’ll consider how to treat the skin, how to pick suitable products, etc.
Peculiarities of Men’s Skin
Before you get down to choosing appropriate skincare products, you should understand the difference between women’s and men’s skin. Here are the principal differences:
- it is denser than women’s, so it ages more slowly;
- despite the higher density, it tends to be more sensitive due to daily shaving.
- it has more sebaceous glands due to which oiliness, shine, clogged pores, and acne are common problems. Moreover, high testosterone levels make them work quite actively.
- the degree of skin extensibility is lower, while firmness and elasticity are higher.
- more capillaries improve blood supply.
- the thickness of subcutaneous fat in men is significantly less.
- a lower level of acid-base balance. If women have a pH level of 5.7, then men have 5.4. It makes their skin more sensitive.
The awareness of these features determines the success of picking suitable skincare products.
The Importance of Daily Skin Cleansing for Men
Testosterone often determines the oiliness of male skin. In its turn, oily skin has a very high chance of becoming problematic. To prevent this from happening, make it a habit to wash your face twice a day (morning and evening) with a cleansing gel.
Choose men's face wash according to the type of skin, taking into account its characteristics and needs. And remember: the product should be designed specifically for the face skin. It is important to use special cleansers due to the next features:
- Water cannot deal with sebum because sebum is hydrophobic.
- Shampoo or shower gel may be too harsh for the face skin.
- The application of unsuitable products will cause skin dehydration and dryness and, as a result, peel off.
The choice of proper skincare products helps minimize the negative effect of tap water and the environment, providing sufficient hydration and nutrition to cells.
Are face cleansers good for men?
Certainly. Any skin, regardless of its male or female origin, required care and proper treatment. The main thing is to select a skincare routine correctly. Regular washing twice a day will help regulate the work of sebaceous glands, normalize the pH level, and eliminate skin imperfections.
What should I look for in a face wash for men?
Manufacturers realize the above-mentioned features of the male’s skin. Thus, as for the composition of male products, the following ingredients are preferred in a facial cleanser for men:
- First of all, these are plant extracts that help relieve irritation and soothe the skin. These include mint, chamomile, aloe, etc.
- Acids are included in the composition to solve the problems of oily skin and acne. In addition, acids help exfoliate the stratum corneum of the epidermis.
- Only non-comedogenic oils are allowed in the composition of men’s products. For example, these are grape seed oil, calendula, jojoba, etc.
- Panthenol has good restoring and softening properties.
Other extracts, enzymes, and components are added, depending on the desired effect. Thus, make sure to identify the problem to choose suitable products correctly.
How often should guys wash their faces?
It is necessary to wash the face twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. Regular cleansing with targeted skincare products will keep your skin healthy, and fresh-looking, and reduce problems and imperfections.
Should men use cleansers every day?
Yes! A men’s facial cleanser is designed for daily use. Only regular application twice a day will cause a positive effect and help prevent problem aggravation.
How do we test Men’s Washers?
Our team is a professional unity of cosmetologists, dermatologists, and chemists. We work together to identify the best products on the market and provide our clients with the top solutions for their skin’s health.
When compiling a list of top products, our experts do multiple procedures to identify the best facial cleanser for men. These include:
- comparing contents and finding out the most favorable blends of active ingredients;
- taking probes and undergoing clinical tests;
- studying the effect of regular application;
- contacting manufacturers for clarifying disturbing issues.
As a result of this thorough work, we get the rating of the most effective and safe products for men’s skin.
TOP Men’s Face Cleansers for Daily Use
- Evenswiss Edelweiss Cleanser is the best men's face wash on the UK market. The product comes as an effective washer that removes all sorts of impurities from the face surface. It has a jelly consistency, due to which it does not leave pollutants on the skin and is easily washed away. The product prevents clogging pores due to Dermatopoetin. The ingredient also contributes to boosting the synthesis of elastin, hyaluronic acid, and collagen in cells.
- Aquafoam Gentle Cleansing Wash is the best cleanser for men. The product cleanses pores effectively and removes contaminants from the skin surface. The use of SCA BioRepair Technology boosts fibroblast production. Besides, the product nourishes cells and boosts cellular processes. Mineral Maris Aqua comes as a powerful source of minerals, and Mimosa Leaf Extract causes an anti-bacterial and wound healing effect.
- PCA Skin Facial Wash purifies cells perfectly and prevents pore clogging. It is the best men’s face wash that includes Allantoin, Lactic acid, and Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, due to which it removes all environmental impurities and prepares cells for further care. The product balances the pH level and soothes inflammation. The blend of botanical extracts and mild AHA purifies cells without drying and disrupting the skin barrier.
- Deep Clean Detox Cleanser is a highly effective product that removes all sorts of dirt and environmental pollutants from the face surface. This men face cleanser is charged with BHA to provide a slight exfoliating effect and remove dead cells. Coconut and citrus essential oils perform together to clean pores without dehydrating cells. Its active formula melts all contaminants without the chance to pollute cells, which prevents inflammation and bacterial growth.
- Osmosis' Purify Enzyme Cleanser is a powerful washing tool for all skin types. It treats the face surface gently and purifies cells effectively. The product removes all contaminants, including dust, debris, and bacteria from the face surface, preventing clogging pores and inflammation. Fruit enzymes are used in the blend; they provide a gentle exfoliating effect without irritating the skin. As a result of its application, the skin is purified, radiant, and smooth.
- Dermaceutic Foamer 5 is an effective face cleanser for men. The product is based on 5% glycolic acid that purifies cells, effectively removing all sorts of pollutants. Its gentle composition makes the washer suitable for sensitive skin. It also features gentle exfoliation and corrects uneven pigmentation. As a result, the skin complexion is radiant and smooth.
Tips for Men to Cleanse the Face Correctly
Keep in mind the next tips to take care of your face correctly and improve your skin condition:
- If you wash your face with tap water, choose a cleanser with softening ingredients (cornflower extract or allantoin).
- For those with very sensitive skin, washing the face with mineral or filtered water is advisable.
- Wash your face twice a day. Regularity matters a lot. When washing your face, use a cleansing gel that matches your skin type.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate the face surface 1-2 times a week. Carry out a deeper cleansing procedure a couple of times a month.
- Use clay masks or similar products for additional cleansing.
Men’s skin requires care just like women's. Thus, manufacturers of cosmetic and skincare products produce more and more solutions for treating men’s skin. Men can find a great variety of skincare products on the market and pick a suitable cleanser for men for every skin type. Thus, do not neglect proper skin care to look pretty and maintain skin health.